Interview Question List
1. This position requires a flexible schedule as we are open evenings, weekends, and most holidays. Are you able to commit to these hours?
2. Best Buy puts customer service first. How do you ensure that you always put the customers' needs first?
3. What do you know about Best Buy? Why do you want to work for us?
4. At Best Buy we have a very clear return policy. How would you handle a customer who was arguing with you about a potential return?
5. Best Buy employees are restricted from reselling items purchased with their employee discount. How would you react if you discovered a coworker breaking this rule?
6. In this role you will be required to handle customer transactions. On a scale of 1-10 how strong are your mathematical skills?
7. This position requires you to wear a uniform to work. Have you worn a uniform in the workplace before? How do you feel about this?
8. What draws you to a job in tech sales? In what area do you think you'd be most useful?
9. At Best Buy we firmly believe in grooming our employees into management roles as they show potential. Are you interested in potential leadership roles with us?
10. Tell me 3 qualities you possess that make you a strong fit for this position with Best Buy.
11. Working in a retail environment, you will sometimes come across rude customers. How would you handle a customer who is rude towards you or a co-worker?
12. In a retail environment, staff turnover is often high. How would you handle it if your co-worker did not show up for their shift?
13. You will be responsible for a large amount of cash and valuable merchandise at Best Buy. What would your most recent employer say about your character and honesty?
14. Have you researched our company values? What makes you the best candidate for Best Buy?
15. Take me through your experience in retail. What was the most challenging position you have held? Which was your favorite, and why?
16. At Best Buy we like to hire strong achievers. Give me an example of a time when you went above and beyond.
17. How do you like to be recognized for your accomplishments?
18. Tell me about a time when you made a suggestion requesting change in an organization.
19. What is the most competitive work situation you have experienced? How did you handle it? What was the result?
20. Why is this job with Best Buy right for you at this time in your career?
21. What type of manager brings out the best in you?
22. How do you handle a situation where your supervisor does not properly communicate information to you?
23. Personality fit is important to us at Best Buy. How would you describe your personality?
24. What type of work environment do you dislike working in?
25. We need reliable people on our team at Best Buy. How many days were you absent from work last year?
26. Describe to me your ideal employer.
27. How can Best Buy motivate you on the job?
28. What are your salary expectations?
29. How do you feel about performance incentives?
30. What do you hope to learn from this job at Best Buy?
31. How do you handle situations that could cause you to be late or miss work?