Interview Question List
1. This position requires a flexible schedule as we are open evenings, weekends, and most holidays. Are you able to commit to these hours?
2. Petco puts customer service first. How do you ensure that you always put the customers' needs first?
3. What do you know about Petco? Why do you want to work for us?
4. At Petco we have a very clear return policy. How would you handle a customer who was arguing with you about a potential return?
5. We have a strong employee honesty program in place at Petco to prevent loss. What would you do if you discovered that a co-worker was stealing product or money?
6. In this role you will be required to handle customer transactions. On a scale of 1-10 how strong are your mathematical skills?
7. This position requires you to wear a uniform to work. Have you worn a uniform in the workplace before? How do you feel about this?
8. In our retail stores we take pride in our merchandising and displays. Do you consider yourself to be a creative person, capable of making an attractive retail display?
9. At Petco we firmly believe in grooming our employees into management roles as they show potential. Are you interested in potential leadership roles with us?
10. Tell me 3 qualities you possess that make you a strong fit for this position with Petco.
11. Working in a retail environment, you will sometimes come across rude customers. How would you handle a customer who is aggressive towards you or a co-worker?
12. In a retail environment, staff turnover is often high. How would you handle it if your co-worker did not show up for their shift?
13. You will be responsible for a large amount of cash and valuable merchandise at Petco. What would your most recent employer say about your character and honesty?
14. Have you researched our company values? What makes you the best candidate for Petco?
15. Take me through your experience in retail. What was the most challenging position you have held? Which was your favorite, and why?
16. At Petco we like to hire strong achievers. Give me an example of a time when you went above and beyond.
17. How do you like to be recognized for your accomplishments?
18. Tell me about a time when you made a suggestion requesting change in an organization.
19. What is the most competitive work situation you have experienced? How did you handle it? What was the result?
20. Why is this job with Petco right for you at this time in your career?
21. What type of manager brings out the best in you?
22. How do you handle a situation where your supervisor does not properly communicate information to you?
23. Personality fit is important to us at Petco. How would you describe your personality?
24. What type of work environment do you dislike working in?
25. We need reliable people on our team at Petco. How many days were you absent from work last year?
26. Describe to me your ideal employer.
27. How can Petco motivate you on the job?
28. What are your salary expectations?
29. How do you feel about performance incentives?
30. What do you hope to learn from this job at Petco?
31. Do you have reliable transportation?
32. How do you handle situations that could cause you to be late or miss work?